On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 01:47:48AM +0000, FRLinux wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Kapetanakis Giannis
> <bil...@edu.physics.uoc.gr> wrote:
> > b) 10G Xenpack for C6500 costs around $25K if I'm not wrong.
>
> Err, the backplane cost us about 10.000 euros for the card and 2500
> euros per xenpack, and we have 4. So that sounds about right :)

You can get ix(4) with sfp+ interface that are 600E per dual port card
and about the same for SR optics modules and direct attached cables are way
cheaper. You can get a hell of a system for 20'000 Euros and that's just
the interface card of a 6500 and does not include the SUP and the chassis.
Sure the 6500 use HW for the switching but they suck at anything more
complex.

--
:wq Claudio