On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:30:56 +0200
Dawe <dawed...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 20:31:54 -0700
> patrick keshishian <pkesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Dawe <dawed...@gmx.de> wrote:

> > > My own build of X works again.
> > > Maybe something just in snapshots?
> >
> > Hmm... after I rebuild X again it seems to work now (still some issues
> > though). I'm curious, do you know which snapshot you were using?
> >
> > So just for the record:
> > - X from snapshots (July 19th, and July 22nd) did not work.
> >   With the July 19th snapshot I did a fresh install. With the July 22nd
> >   snapshot I took the upgrade path.
> > - Building X from source (empty /usr/xobj, etc) still did not work.
> > - Built xserver with debug and following instructions in xenocara/README
> >   left me with a strange core with useless backtrace.
> > - Rebuilding X (empty /usr/xobj) with DEBUG=-g starts X but there
> >   are some issues with some ports that use X (e.g., firefox 3.6.7
> >   crashes similar useless core file as X earlier).
> >
> > ATM I'm starting to build the entire system from source (kernel, base,
> > X over again) and then try and (re)build the ports ...
> >
> > --patrick
> >

> The snapshot was from July 22nd. That was the first time I noticed that
> X was broken. I can't say when it worked the last time because I don't
> use X on this machine regularly.
>
> I build X with env CFLAGS=-g make build, it was the first X build on
> this machine, so xobj was clean.
>
> I'm seeing similar crashes like you with firefox. Other X using ports
> don't seem to have such issues. gvim, midori, gkrellm, qemu all work so
> far.
>
> I'll build a firefox package with debug symbols to see how this works
> out.

Okay, I rebuild firefox35 with -g.
Seems to be a lib loading problem.

(gdb) bt full
#0  0x265052f8 in dlsym () from /usr/libexec/ld.so
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x2653af94 in ?? () from /usr/libexec/ld.so
No symbol table info available.
#2  0x2653af94 in ?? () from /usr/libexec/ld.so
No symbol table info available.
Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Running firefox35-bin in gdb:
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/firefox35/firefox35-bin
/usr/local/firefox35/firefox35-bin: can't load library 'libxul.so.23.0'