Reio,

On Thu, 14 Apr 2022, Reio Remma wrote:

... and that line bombs out my configuration ... here is my entire configuration *including* these two additional lines.  This config works great if I remove the two new lines:

How exactly? What's the error?

Performing sanity check on smtpd configuration:
/usr/local/etc/mail/smtpd.conf:30: syntax error

... and no other details.

The "accept" is old syntax and doesn't work anymore since version... I can't remember. :)

So you'll want an action that delivers to mbox and an accompanying match rule.

Do you mean, literally, an "action" - as in:

action ...

If so, that is confusing because I already have this line:

action "local_mail" mbox alias <aliases>

... which basically does all delivery for me ... would I augment that with something like:

action "local_mail" mbox alias <aliases> virtual <catchall>

... or issue that same line twice, but slightly different:

action "local_mail" mbox alias <aliases>
action "local_mail" mbox virtual <catchall>

Thanks.