>It sounds like the guy either doesn't understand or doesn't need/want
>the features Mixxx brings to the table. I think Xwax would be a better
>fit for his preferences. (I tried to post a comment to this effect in a
>response to his blog but it didn't show up.)

This is a really late reply...   but sorry pegasus. I was having
problems with my comments and I don't usually get much response, so it
was unexpected.

>Basically, if you just want the computer to play the music and you'll do
>all mixing and effects externally (hardware-centered approach,) Xwax is
>what you want. If you want to be able to do everything (mixing, effects,
>etc.) in the computer for maximum flexibility and lowest cost using
>(relatively) dumb hardware simply for (tactile) control, Mixxx is your
>answer.

This sounds to be very correct.  I was hoping to avoid the whole extra
hardware thing, but yourself and Ron Stewart make an excellent case
for the 'complete' switch to digital utilizing controllers rather than
the typical analog hardware.

As for the mixxx developers, I didn't intend to make such a negative
claim.  The comments that did make my post (however) qualified my
position by suggesting xwax.  My intent was demo/post on xwax as well,
but time is never permitting.

I do in fact commend the project's efforts and I'll be happy to
qualify my impressions more carefully in the future.  I especially
understand that open source projects have enough to withstand without
unneeded negative press.  However, it's fair to present honest
impressions in my opinion.

As an aside, Mixxx IS on my permanent radar.

Thanks,

Chris Everest