It was suggested to me that I try using gnuplot to analyze the audio
coming out of the linear scaler, so that's what I did.  It helped a
*lot*. There are still some pops on ramp-in and ramp-out, but those are
really hard to avoid.  I tried using a sigmoid function to smooth it
out, which helps.

but scratching is basically perfect, otherwise

Owen