On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 14:15 -0400, RJ Ryan wrote:
> Hey Owen,
>

> I don't think anything in particular is stopping us from doing a 10.4
> build. The main reason we do 10.5 is that the system API for decoding
> MP3 and M4A that we rely on is only supported in 10.5 and onwards.
>

> I've done a pretty thorough job of documenting how to setup a
> builder / build environment here:
> http://mixxx.org/wiki/doku.php/macosx_builder_setup
> This will produce a build environment that works for Mixxx 1.11.0. If
> someone wants to give this a try that should have all you need.
>

> I don't have time right now but might be able to try in a few weeks.
> It could turn into a big time-sink if any dependencies have issues
> building with the 10.4 SDK. If there are no kinks then it should build
> perfectly by just copy-pasting the build output there if you set the
> OSX sdk path to point to the 10.4 SDK instead of 10.5.
>

> RJ

Good to know.  I wouldn't put a lot of effort into this unless there's a
lot of demand for a 10.4 version.  Also I don't own a mac so I can't try
it myself.  This friend of mine mentioned running linux on that laptop
as another solution to the problem, so we may try that.

Maybe I'll throw a poll in the forum and see if people are interested in
a 10.4 build.

owen

Live Security Virtual Conference