On Sat, 2012-07-14 at 15:02 +0200, S.Brandt wrote:
> Hello Owen,
> If even switching to Linux is an option for your friend, couldn't he
> upgrade to OSX Leopard (version 10.5) and use the official build
> instead?

This guy is a working DJ, so if anything were to go wrong with the
upgrade he'd be SOL for his professional gigs.  He also said the machine
only has a gig of RAM, so I can understand his hesitation.  It's not so
much a laptop as a well-used DJ appliance :).

> Not worth the effort imho.

I agree it's probably not worth the effort, unless we're pitching Mixxx
specifically as a DJ application that can run on old hardware (which is
not the same as low-end hardware).

Owen

Live Security Virtual Conference