On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Morten Bøgeskov wrote:

>On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Alan Murrell wrote:
>
>>Okay,
>>
>>Here's what I did:
>>
>>  1. mknod /dev/v4l/video1 c 81 1 (because my bttv
>>modules takes '/dev/v4l/video0')
>>  2. export LAV_VIDEO_DEV=/dev/v4l/video1
>>  3. cd /usr/local/zoran; update buz
>>
>>I made sure all modules that should be loaded
>>appeaered to be loaded; the 'videodev' module showed
>>bot 'zoran' and 'bttv' using it.  However, when I use
>>the same recording command, I get:
>>
>>**ERROR: [lavrec] Error opening video-device
>>(/dev/v4l/video1): No such device
>>++ WARN: [lavrec] Not ready for capture (state = 0)!
>>
>>Press enter to start recording>Recording time  :
>>0.00.00:00
>>Lost frames     : 000
>>A/V sync ins/del: 000/000
>>Audio errors    : 000
>>
>>Here is a listing of '/dev/v4l':
>>
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ls -l /dev/v4l
>>total 0
>>crw-------    1 root     sys       81, 224 Dec 31
>>1969 vbi0
>>crw-------    1 root     sys       81,   0 Dec 31
>>1969 video0
>>crw-------    1 root     root      81,   1 Mar 21
>>00:10 video1
>>

>Are you sure your lavrec gets run as root?, otherwise you might have a
>problem opening the device ;o)

woops I didn't get the "(/dev/v4l/video1): No such device" line parsed
correctly, so no help here.. but what does your dmesg say?

Yours
--
  Morten Bøgeskov (email: [EMAIL PROTECTED])

- Long after his death his poems were found and wondered over. News of them
 spread like morning sunlight. For centuries they illuminated and watered the
 lives of many people whose lives might otherwise have been darker and drier.