> HI,
>
>       Sorry for the confused options. Its the effect of a weekend tweeking. I
> switched to the options I use for encoding my video camera to DVD.
>
> mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg -ao pcm long.mpg
> cat audiodump.wav | mp2enc -r 48000 -o mpegsoundfile
> cat stream.yuv | yuvdenoise -F -f | yuvfps -r 30:1 | mpeg2enc -f 8 -q 7 -4 1
> -2 1 -P -I 0 -N -o svcd_stream.m2v

Why do you change the frame rate to 30:1 ? If your input is ntsc (frame
rate = 30000:1001 = 29.97..), that change will definitely lead to audio
delay - a drift of 1 msec per second; at that rate you will start noticing
lip sync problem by atleast 100 seconds or so into video.

If you are trying to over-write the 29.97... frame rate put out by
mplayer's yuv4mpeg plugin, try using the -c option of yuvfps. Be sure
to specify the rate as 30000:1001

> mplex -f 8 mpegsoundfile svcd_stream.m2v -o long.conv.mpg
>
>       The audio sync problem is still there, although less pronounced. Its fine up
> to this point and then over about 30 seconds it drifts.
>
>       It all plays fine on mplayer from the original captured using GATOS.
>

>       Any other ideas ?

Can't think of anything else..

Selva