Hallo

> I was having what looks like interlacing problems with a recording I'd
> done (via a Canopus ADVC-50 and dvgrab, for reference), so I performed
> the test described in section 3.4.3 of the HOWTO.  Now, according to the
> HOWTO, I should have seen groups of two nearly identical subframes; what
> I saw instead was a group of two followed by a group of three, and
> repeating two-three-two-three, with obvious combing effects in places.
> As a reference sample, I've put up some of the subframes from the test
What happens if you revert that pulldown with yuvkineco (-F 1) and take
than a look at the stream ?

> Is this the infamous 3:2 pulldown I've heard so much about?  I thought
> that only happened with movies converted to TV; but this is a TV show I
> recorded (indeed, after further exploration, I found similar effects
> even in the commercials).
I would think that wou have a differnte problem than. But please try to
revert the "effect" and take than a look at the stream.

> The question, then:  is there any way to fix this?  yuvcorrect doesn't
> seem to have an option for this.  For 3:2 pulldown, the HOWTO suggests
> yuvkineco -- what does that do exactly?  What really worries me, though,
> are the subframes that look like they got changed halfway through, like:
Have you alreaddy take a look at the manpage an the howto, section:
optimizing the stream ?

>   <http://www.killerbunnies.org/~dsb/temp/image42.jpg>
>
> I wouldn't doubt there's no way to fix things like this.  TIA, at any
> rate.
That would look more like some strange interlacing.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard