On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Scott Bigham wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 07:56:05PM -0700, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
>
> >     If you're using the CVS version of smilutils then that's the
> >     latest :)
>
> Actually, I'm probably using the 0.2.0 release; I couldn't find any
> mention of an associated CVS repository.

        It is a bit hard to track down - try this:

:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/kino

> The yellow/white/red video/audio inputs, whichever those are called.
> I can never keep the names straight... :-}

        Those would be the 'composite' (red&white usually), the yellow is
        usually the audio.

> No such luck, alas; I'm no longer getting the weird half-interlaced bits
> like before (that I've seen, at least), but I am still getting the
> 2-3-2-3 field pattern (though it varies sometimes; scene changes in

        That is very very strange - I've not seen anything like it.

        How are you doing the capture?   With 'dvgrab' perhaps?

> the channels I'm interested in seem to be affected.  I couldn't have
> damaged the hardware permanently, could I?

        Very unlikely.

        If you play the raw DV data what does it look like?   For that
        there is 'playdv' from the libdv project.   If you've mplayer
        installed it also can play DV files (probably best to use -nosound
        unless you have a very fast system).   Then too just the video
        can be played with "smil2yuv DVFILE | yuvplay".   If these work
        fine then the problem is in the parts of the pipeline being used
        to process the data.