Hallo

I remember that I have changed that loop option. At least I applied the
patch from a user to have that feature.

I trie to answer all mails about that topic in one mail.

> > Perfect, I would have proposed the same thing. I don't see any advantage
> > for the current behaviour as default over the old behaviour.
> Cool.
>
> > I'll apply ... ehm... damn, I'm gone all week ('till monday). Please
> > apply yourself or wait for me to apply it next monday. :).
>
> Uh. That would mean cvs access, right? Guess I'll have to wait, then. :)
You can get it if you want ... just tell you your SF user ;)

> Anyway, I found two more suspicious-looking lines in jpeg2yuv.c:
>
> in main()
>
>   mjpeg_info("Wp1\n");
I removed that in my version.

> and in parse_commandline()
>
>     mjpeg_info("Parsing char %c\n", c);
That prints out the current option parsed. I removed that too.

> Given the fact that they output information before the v flag is parsed, and
> thus cannot honor it, they look like forgotten debug code.
Very likely.

> Wouldn't this be so much simpler?
>
>         -l num
>              Specifies the number of loops (default: 1 loop)
>              The ranges of images will be looped through `num' times, by
>              default just once.  The value of 0 will loop indefinitely.
>

> The -n option in ppmtoy4m and lavpipe use 0 to mean all.  For lav2yuv it's -f
> 0 to mean all frames.  jpeg2yuv and png2yuv use -1 for all.
There are different version of how to do it. I guess that on I inserted
was on the the less common.

> Interesting code in line 464 of jpeg2yuv.c:
>
>      if (param->loop != 1)
>        loops--;
>
> Somehow, I believe this is a typo and should read '-1' instead of '1'.
> Could you re-try with that change?
I'm rather soure that 1 is correct, and it is the same way as it is
described in the manpage.

The only bug I found if if you did not want to loop. It still looped
forever that change fixed that a few line after the if statment aboth:
} while(loops >=1 );

Now I'd guess I have a proper working version. With a unusual command
syntax. ;)

If you want only one pass you do not need the -l option, that is the
default behavior of jpeg2yuv. Because of that -l 1 was used to for "loop
forever". Strange logic I know.

If you really want a differnet behavior of the option please send me a
manpage that describes how the programm should behave after the next
change. ;)

I have read the different solution, I really don't know which I sould
use.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz/bernhard