Hallo

> > > I've got several home movies on vhs that my mom had had transfered from
> > > 8mm film
> > > The tapes are pretty poor quality
> > > When I try to capture I get
> > >
> > > [home]$ lavrec -fa -in -d2 -q100 -m -U -w -c2 test%02d.avi
> > > ++ WARN: [lavrec] Closing file(s) and exiting - output file(s) my not be
> > > readable due to error
> > > **ERROR: [lavrec] Error syncing on a buffer: Timer expired
> > > **ERROR: [lavrec] Error resetting buffer-queue: Invalid argument0.000
> > That lookes bad. Can you view the incomming video with a TV application
> > ?
> I can view the video using the lml33 passthru
> It's "jerky"
> When I view the video normally (vcr -> tv) the picture looks "pretty good"
The normal TV has a different "timing" than the typical PC card has. And
the TV has not that much problems with a sloppy timing. :-/

> > If that works, try recording without audio (-a 0).
> The videos have no audio
> Using -a 0 doesn't help
> I can't record a single frame
Than I really fear that the timing is to bad. And the card is not able
to sync on it. If you have a VCD, try to record it first to the VCR and
that from the VCR to the LML33.

Else I fear that the only way to recrod the video will be a box that
makes the signal better.

> > > The only reference I found searching the mailing list said to remove the
> > > target file first
> > > That doesn't help
> > > I tried rerecording on to a new tape and capturing from that but no good
> > > I tried 2 different vcrs but no good
> > > I tried -c2, -c1, and -c0 but no good
> > > I'm using a LML33 with kernel 2.6.6 and mjpegtool 1.6.2
> > > I've successfully captured from other tapes
> > Do you use the original kernel driver or the CVS version ?
> I've tried both, no difference
If you have the LML33R10, you have a SAA7111a, in the PDF specification
the the IC, you finde on page 48 a description for the sync control
register SA08 where you can set the TV mode VTRC. If you change that bit
in the saa7111.c line 175 to 0 (TV mode recomended for poor quality
only) that MIGHT help. You have to change the 0xc8 to 0xc0

Maybe there are other registers that help but that one looks as if it
could be helpfull.

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]