On Tue 07 Sep 2004 17:29, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
<SNIP LOTS OF GOOD INFO>

This seems to come up a lot. I know I asked questions in a similar vain and I
alway read these posts carefully to try to understand it better.

Maybe this info should be compiled into a text file distributed with the
sources so people can have one place to read up on all the gory details
concerning aspect ratios in NTSC, PAL, VCD, SVCD, DVD, HDTV and wide screen
formats.

I know I'm not the only one who'd love such useful information.

Cheers,

        John Gay