On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 23:13, Florin Andrei wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 00:59, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
>
> > Have you tired it using a std quantisation matrix ?
>
> I am encoding with the tmpgenc matrix right now and i will report the
> results.

> mpeg2enc -v 0 -I 1 -f 8 -b 8500 -F 4 -n n  -a 2 -o "fault-002.m2v" -c -q
> 6 -4 2 -2 1 -K tmpgenc -R 2

The above line generated a DVD that plays with no problems on my player.
Please note the increased bitrate, it's 8500 and doesn't stutter,
whereas at 8000 i typically triggered stuttering using the custom
matrix.

I will re-encode the same material with the custom matrix and see what's
the difference (if any).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/