Hi,

I am trying to capture a VHS PAL film using a DC10+ card (Pinnacle).
The capture works fine, but I have to move the bottom field forward in
order to get the correct pair of fields in the same frame.  This works
fine, but the next problem I don't know how to solve: the interlacing
order appears to change every 1-4 frames.  First I tried changing the
order but of course this changes which frames are correct and which
display the comb effect.  Is there any tool which can analyse the pair
of fields and decide which should be the top on a frame by frame basis?

Or is my only option to drop the vertical resolution?

I intend to make a DVD for playback on a non-progressive system.

Thanks for any advice

--
Scott