On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Stan Gammons wrote:

> I was wondering if
> mjpegtools, libquicktime, smilutils and so forth are still using CVS or
> are they all on SVN now?

        The version control system doesn't matter.

        But to answer the question:  None of thoe projects above use Subversion,
        they all use CVS as they always have.

> The reason I wonder is I can't get mjpegtools to compile when using the
> CVS version of mjpegtools along with the CVS version of libquicktime.

        I just finished updating libquicktime and mjpegtools on my Powerbook
        and both projects build with no problems at all.

        You didn't give the mode of failure. What was the error and on which
        file did it happen.  That's the  type of info that might be helpful
        in trying to solve the problem :)

> The only way I can get mjpegtools to compile is by changing the
> lav_file_t struct in lav_io.h from the "current"
>
> quicktime_t *qt_fd;

> back to the old way of
>       void *qt_fd;
> Which way is correct?

        "quicktime_t *qt_fd" is the new, improved and correct method.

        If that doesn't build then the 'cvs update' didn't update properly and
        maybe a retry would help.

        Did you re-run ./autogen.sh and then ./configure?  I remember that
        one or more automake (Makefile.am) files were updated and whenever
        that happens you have to rerun the ./autogen.sh.