On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 12:03 -0800, Steven M. Schultz wrote:
> > I guess the video machine will have to be Suse 10.1 then.
>
>       I know the build will be successful there because I did it last night ;)

Ok.

What all tools in mjpegtools use lav_file_t ?  Just lavtools?

If lav_file_t isn't used in the Y tools, y4mdenoise, yuvdenoise,
yuvmedianfilter, and so forth. And mjpegtools builds Ok on GCC 4.1.1
using the old way. What effect will it have if the other tools compiled
Ok with GCC 4.1.1?

Wonder what they changed/broke from 4.1.0 to 4.1.1 that causing the
error?

>       Maybe there's a slightly older version of gcc that could be installed
>       on your system?  Probably not worth the trouble though.

4.1.1 is what shipped with FC6. FC5 shipped with 4.1.0  I have the FC5
install media, but I don't know how much trouble it would be to try an

>       I've nothing else to do so I started a download of the X64_64 (DVD)
>       ISO image for FC6  - maybe tonight I'll replace/update the FC4 disk
>       that's sitting around.

I'm still staying away from the 64 bit stuff. Too much of a pain in the
rear getting everything from the 32 bit world to work on 64 bit.

IF you mess with the 64 bit version of FC6, I'd like to know if you get
the same or similar compile error.

Stan