On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Stan Gammons wrote:

        The changes to use quicktime_t * were made and tested on my workstation
        at work (when the boss wasn't looking ;)) on a SuSE 10.0 system and
        no problems were encountered.  Next test was to compile on OSX and
        that worked.  At that point the changes were judged safe to commit.

> Here is the trailing end of what I get:
> Making all in lavtools
> make[2]: Entering directory `/home/sg31002/dv/mjpeg_play/lavtools'
>  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I/usr/local/include -I../utils
> -march=k8 -mtune=k8 -g -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wunused -MT
> liblavfile_la-editlist.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/liblavfile_la-editlist.Tpo
> -c editlist.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/liblavfile_la-editlist.o
> In file included from editlist.c:25:
> lav_io.h:43: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'quicktime_t'

        gcc error that's not been seen before.

        O cr*p - what have...

> editlist.c: In function 'el_video_frame_data_format':
> editlist.c:505: error: 'lav_file_t' has no member named 'dataformat'
> make[2]: *** [liblavfile_la-editlist.lo] Error 1

> result. Since it's a FC6 machine, I run ldconfig after libquicktime was

        ... Redhat/Fedora/gcc f* up now? :(

        The message:
lav_io.h:43: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'quicktime_t'

        is new, weird, and something I have not seen with

          gcc 2.95.3 (old old BSD variant)
              4.0.0 (OSX)
              4.0.2 (SuSE 10.0)

              and I remembered I had one last system (hadn't been powered up
              this month yet):

              4.1.0 (SuSE 10.1)

        What does "gcc -dumpversion" say on FC6?

        I think you're on the bleeding edge with FC6 and they or the gcc folks
        have introduced a change in the compiler's behaviour.  NONE of the
        platforms I have available have had the problem.

        It is unknown at the present if there are FC6 users who have done the
        build of libquicktime and mjpegtools w/o problems.  So far you're
        the first and it's not working.  I'm not a FC so I can't give too much
        help at this point ;(  Maybe after Leopard ships I'll have a different
        version of gcc to test with :)

        'night.