Hallo

> Ok, Two things here...
>
> 1. When the drivers are installed, XawTV will come up, but no video can
> be seen on the computer. The vid-out dose display an image on my
> composite monitor though,
The v4l module is loaded in the x11 config file ?
That try different command option in xawtv. -nodga ....

> 2. Reading the link, I remembered that I'm nolonger using the Nvidia
> card and drivers. This value board has a VIA DeltaChrome chip (Not
> driver compatable with the Unichrome drivers available.

> Just tried to do a vid cap with lavrec. Complained about no /dev/dsp.
> (May be another issue re the built in audio, though I do get sound...)
If you can play the sound, than do the usual check that no other
application is using the /dev/dsp (sound demons), and maybe try the read
mode in lavrec.

> May be a good thing I noticed an 2 usb/2 Firewire card in an obsolete
> machine at work... :P
Thats another solution. ;)

auf hoffentlich bald,

Berni the Chaos of Woodquarter