Hallo,

William Lum wrote:
Hi,

I looked in /proc/scsi/advansys and there is a file 13:

AdvanSys SCSI 3.4: PCI Ultra: IO 0xAE00-0xAE0F, IRQ 0x15

Device Information for AdvanSys SCSI Host 13:
Target IDs Detected: 2, (2=Host Adapter)
[...]
Does this mean it's loaded?
It looks at least good. It means that the PCI Switch on the card works.

In the SCSI file shows:
Attached devices:
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
   Vendor: ATA      Model: SAMSUNG SSD PM83 Rev: 3D1Q
   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI  SCSI revision: 05

Tried to load the module and didn't see an error... Looked at boot.log:
Generating locales...
   en_US.UTF-8... done
Generation complete.
Found label 'Ubuntu 15.04 _Vivid Vervet_ - Release amd64 (20150422)'
This disc is called:
'Ubuntu 15.04 _Vivid Vervet_ - Release amd64 (20150422)'
          Starting Wait for Plymouth Boot Screen to Quit...
[...]
Don't know if this helps?
Did you also try to load the modules for the buz as I did describe, and look at the output of the kernel ? That would be more interesting.
Some commands like:
modprobe i2c-core
modprobe i2c-algo-bit
modprobe saa7111
modprobe saa7185
modprobe zr36060

You might need to replace the modprobe with insmod, and add .ko to the module name.