Hallo,

William Lum wrote:
Hi,

Thank you so much for continuing to try to help me.  I tried what you
suggested... some modules didn't load.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ modprobe i2c-core
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ modprobe i2c-algo-bit
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ modprobe saa7111
modprobe: FATAL: Module saa7111 not found.
Means that this module is not included in the kernel.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ modprobe saa7185
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'saa7185': Operation not permitted
When you see "operation not permitted" it could mean that you do not have sufficient rights. Reading your commandline I would guess that you are not root. Try adding sudo infrot the command that did not work:
sudo modprobe saa7185
and:
sudo modprobe zr36060

My (and googles) other ideas about the problem sound strange and more work like disabling secure boot.

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ modprobe zr36060
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'zr36060': Operation not permitted
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ insmod saa7111.ko
insmod: ERROR: could not load module saa7111.ko: No such file or directory
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ insmod saa7185
insmod: ERROR: could not load module saa7185: No such file or directory
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ insmod saa7185.ko
insmod: ERROR: could not load module saa7185.ko: No such file or directory
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ insmod zr36060.ko
insmod: ERROR: could not load module zr36060.ko: No such file or directory

Thoughts?