It just occurred to me that finding this problem may be easier than I
originally thought. Since there seems to be some sort of metal shavings
visible externally, the source of those also should be visible externally.
Time for a flash light and one of those small extendable mirrors. Or one of
those "snake" cameras (Endoscope in medicaleese).

~Holland

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mk2-16v/CABrbKBmBbTzMMVbcFsE0dfpK%2BEKcVAA0vABnSvOF0c_8qwhAWw%40mail.gmail.com.