On 20 December 2014 at 06:16, Vibha Bamba <vba...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

>> I'd like to know how the image linked above could be considered
> helpful to a reader.
>
> Regarding this specific querry: We have actually tested this.
> We spoke to a few users and seeing the combination of an image, the title
> and the wikidata description immensely helps visual learners. Not all users
> learn by reading text. For example: This is especially important for
> articles related to flora fauna.
>
> Hope this helps

You'll note that I asked about "how **the image linked above** could
be considered helpful to a reader." (emphasis added; that image was
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia_mobile_app_beta_bug_-_2014-12-18_-_06.png
) - indeed, you refer to my 'specific' query.

Are you really saying that you tested that image? (Or even anything like it?)

Or did you test using images where the cropping applied didn't result
in such inanity?

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing