Docs aren't helping me on this one. I have:

var  foo = {'item_no' : '185-N', 'name': 'Chair'};
var bar = {'item_no' : '185-N', 'name': 'Bed'};

compare(foo,bar) gives "[object Object] and [object Object] can not
be compared"

objCompare does the same thing.

My main question: what do I do to compare stuff like this?

Further, I need something that gives me the difference of two objects
in form of:

findDifference(foo, bar) would return {'name':'Bed'}

and

findDifference(bar, foo) would return {'name':'Chair'}

I know there's probably nothing in the MB stock that does this, but I
assume it has some useful functions that can assist me in making my
code shorter. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.