I just want to chime in again and report that MK at least makes it
very easy for me to compare the objects.

Based on my original example I can do:

var  foo = {'item_no' : '185-N', 'name': 'Chair'};
var bar = {'item_no' : '185-N', 'name': 'Bed'};

arrayEqual(items(foo), items(bar)); // will tell you if they're equal.

Now I just gotta write the 'difference' code. :-)

Thanks,
Juergen