"Bob Ippolito" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> You really want to sort the items.. there's absolutely no guaranteed
> ordering for properties. I'd probably also just use compare instead of
> arrayEqual.
>
> if (compare(sorted(items(foo)), sorted(items(bar))) === 0) {
>     /* equal */
> }

Since you mentioned sorted, is there some way to specify how to do the sorting
according to the locale?  If this is off-topic, I'm sorry, but you guys are
the best I know with JavaScript :-)

>>> a = ['acido', 'acidez'];
["acido","acidez"]
>>> sorted(a);                 // it will be in the correct order
["acidez","acido"]
>>> b = ['ácido', 'bola'];
["ácido","bola"]
>>> sorted(b);                 // "ácido" should be before "bola"
["bola","ácido"]

This is somewhat of a problem to me since some intuitive use becomes a problem
when the ordering is wrong... :-(

I'd really like to avoid server side sorting because this operation will be
used a lot and there might be some hundreds of entries for each user logged in
the system.

--
Jorge Godoy      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>