Excellent list - I just integrated virtually all of your points:
http://github.com/jeresig/sizzle/commit/93e33dc2a41e2b0aa0e1e1c66368f5d224da80e1

The exception is :visible and :hidden - which should be handled by the
host library.

Also, I wrapped the entireity of Sizzle withing a (function(){ ...
})() which means that no global variables are exposed (save for
Sizzle).

What specific code do you use to hook Sizzle in to your engine? What
I'll probably do is just hook it directly in to the right spot (for
example, overwrite jQuery.find, in the case of jQuery) rather than
introduce a new global variable.

--John