Hi Florian, *,

Am 27.10.2011 11:54 schrieb Florian Effenberger:

> Right now, we interfere with Reply-to in two ways:

> 1. We remove any existing reply-to set by the poster.
> 2. We add a reply-to list.
> In a nutshell: Reply-to is always to the list.

> My proposal would have been to always set a reply-to to the list, but in
> addition honour existing reply-tos by the poster. So, the list is always
> just added.

What is the problem that solution solves? :o))

> In that case, the behaviour depends on the client. In Thunderbird, the
> Reply-to-list button always posts to the list, IMHO, independent from
> the Reply-to header.

That's true. But the real problems occur while posting exclusively to
the poster.
Again: skipping reply-to mangling is one link of a long chain to
establish awareness for careful mail writing. That's what I'm working
on.

Friedrich
--
Friedrich Strohmaier