Matt Sergeant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Would it be possible to have a generic server, like Apache, but not just
>for HTTP - something that could also serve up NNTP connections, FTP
>connections, etc. It seems to me at first look this should be possible.
>
> Am I completely
>wacko or is this something that potentially could be possible?

Not wacko. Although it may not be desirable, at least in the way you
envision. Say there's a bug in one of your HTTP mod_perl modules, do you
want to lose SMTP?

Some people think WebDAV, an even-more-extended HTTP, will obsolete all
other protocols (http://www.webdav.org/other/faq.html#Q26). I merely repeat
this URL for your consideration, I think it's not realistic.

--
Neil Kandalgaonkar                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Architect, Stylus Inc.           http://www.stylus.ca/