On 10/31/99 4:23 AM, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> Well I'll show by example. Take slash (the perl scripts for slashdot.org)

I'm assuming you wanted this read like the classic:

    "Take my wife...please!"

I mean, have you actually looked at the code here?

    http://www.slashdot.org/code.shtml

It's a horror show, truly.  Return values go unchecked, quoting
operators are ignored, subroutine naming conventions are
nonexistent, "use" statements are buried in subroutines as if
they were runtime directives, etc. etc.  Slashdot has much bigger
problems than a lack of a "generic server" architecture, IMO ;)

-John