On Thu, 04 Nov 1999, Gerald Richter wrote:

> > Perl threads have nothing to do with OS level threads.  They aren't
> > native; they're part of the language itself and don't depend or rely
> > on POSIX threads, native threads, or other such things.  In
> > particular, Perl threading doesn't mean that Perl is thread safe.
> >

> Yes, Perl threads are not OS threads. I am not an thread expert, but Perl
> threads depends on OS threads, so it maybe possible to "attach" a Perl
> thread to an OS thread (sometime in the future, when Perl threads are
> stable)

Actually, Perl threads don't depend on OS threads. They can _use_ OS
threads if they're available, but it's system dependant.

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.