On Fri, 03 Dec 1999, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Now the question is: if this is truth and you feel the same way, how do we
> make the world know that there is a great demand for mod_perl programmers
> and that people should learn mod_perl and not the stright-forward choice
> like VB, ASP or other technology that drives the web?

Yes - it's all true. Actually there's a huge shortage of perl programmers
in general (good perl programmers that is). I think the main problem is
training. VB and Java and Cold Fusion have corporate sponsored training
programs - mod_perl doesn't (perl does - but they aren't as ubiquitous as
the others).

I have started to put together a training course for mod_perl, but I don't
really know where to level it - will people be training up from perl or
training across from other disciplines (and so require perl training first
- which I've also done before)?

It's hard to say without the employers on this list really.

Still - for mod_perl training, I'm still available. Email for rates and
details. All courses are customised to your people (since I'm not exactly
running a training institute).

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.