Drat...  I was kinda hoping that would've been it.  Oh
well....  Alright, how about this:

        1)  Set your logging level to debug (is it right now?  I bet not)
        2)  Wrap your startup.pl file in some <perl> tags in your
httpd.conf file and eval the code.  See if it sets $@.  If so, then print
the result.  Another thing you could do is install a signal handler for
$SIG{DIE} and print a stack trace using Carp::Croak.  I've had to do the
latter more times than I care to admit, but it works really well in
catching errors.

        I'd try #1, personally (much easier).  --SC

--
Sean Chittenden                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Don't buy a landslide.  I don't want to have to pay for one more vote
than I have to.
                -- Joseph P. Kennedy, on JFK's election strategy.