Something is tickling the back of my mind regarding this.  I think
it's because Red Hat includes a botched perl build (ie different install
options).  A while back I took to rebuilding perl by hand and haven't had
this problem in a _long_ time.  I'd try going that route if your problems
persist.

        This still strikes me as a work around and not necessarily a
solution, but I haven't spent the time to figure out the specific prob w/
Red Hat's build, so workarounds are legit.  ::grin::  Plus, depending on
your needs, the build flag -O6 always helps too....  ;)

--
Sean Chittenden                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!