This sounds like the same corruption problem that I talked about in my
last message - could you try exporting LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/modperl.so?

(I'm guessing from context that you're using a DSO - apologies for the
non-sequitor if I'm wrong, I just got back on the list).

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 05:57:49PM -0800, Dmitry Beransky wrote:

> >I don't know about this, are you sure you copied over your
> >new modperl httpd to /usr/local/apache after the build,
> >and did a full stop / start, this is a common step overlooked
> >by the best of us.
>
> Yes, I'm using the new build.  I've compiled perl with debugging turned on
> and now gdb shows exactly where the problem occurs: line 267 of SDBM_File.c
>
> 262     #ifdef __cplusplus
> 263     extern "C"
> 264     #endif
> 265     XS(boot_SDBM_File)
> 266     {
> 267         dXSARGS;
> 268         char* file = __FILE__;
> 269
> 270         XS_VERSION_BOOTCHECK ;
>
> I guess at this point I got to go to a bookstore, get a book on GDB and get
> my hands dirty with some debugging :).
>
> Thanks
> Dmitry

> > > Well, I just finished recompiling perl and mod_perl, but the problem is
> > > still there.  Is there any way to verify that mod_perl is using the new
> > perl?

Dan

|         [EMAIL PROTECTED]         |  |       [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |