> perl_destruct/perl_free are not called at restart, only during child_exit.
> it looks like that might need to change to finish the dso puzzle.  I
> experienced some problems there, but that was a few years ago, looks
> like it's time to revisit.

But it is called when Apache unloads the modules during startup. Therefore
my Apache on NT starts cleanly without the PERL_STARTUP_DONE_CHECK
workaround :-) and Embperl works the first time on Unix when it's loaded at
startup time and mod_perl is dynamicly linked. Really great!

Doug, I have the patch (with dlclose replaced with ap_os_dso_unload, as I
posted some hours ago) here in the CVS working directory, should I commit
it?

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925151