On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 01:16:06PM -0800, Scott Chapman wrote:
> I have a HTML document with two frames in it.  I need to make EmbPerl put a new
> html file (or content) into this frame.  This link in a regular HTML file does
> the trick but I don't want the user to have to hit a link to make this happen.
>
> <A HREF="/test.epl?TestVar=1" TARGET="index">Update Frame</A>
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I never did this myself but I think you should look at your
favourite Javascript documentation for this. Something about a
<BODY onload="..."> in the first frame and a call to the "open"
method of your second frame should do. I don't know if you can
choose the frame for your output with Embperl or any other
serverbased language for that matter, since the browser requests
a page and displays it at the appropriate place.

Andre

PGP signature