At 21:17 -0800 00.1.18, Scott Chapman wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> > Why do you need this intermediate step i.e.
> > <A
> > HREF="/login/indxnav1.epl?session_id=[+$session_ID+]&digest=[+$digest+]"
> > TARGET="index">Update......
> > ?
> >
> > Why not just get the server to populate frame index with required data
> > up front ? Or have I missed something here ?
>
> Here's the situation:
> The user loads this page with the two frames.  The left frame is the
> navigation frame.  The user clicks on the left frame the link to log in.
> The right frame changes to the login screen and they login.  When
> they are done, I want the server to populate the frame "index" with
> the required data.  I don't know how to do this.
>
> It seems a redirection in EmbPerl would do it but I don't know how to make a
> redirection with a TARGET.  Any clues?
>
> TIA,

I missed part of this thread somewhere along the way, so sorry if I'm re-covering old
ground here...

I assume that dumping the frames altogether is not an option for you.

Sounds like what you need to do is have the log-in form aimed at target _top, to
reload the whole frameset. The frame-set page would may have to be an Embperl page,
(or be otherwise output dynamically to decide what to load into each frame and
possibly send params to the in-frame pages) which would in turn load the correct pages
(Embperl or not) into the two frames.

Another option would be using Javascript to control what page gets put into what
frame, as I believe someone else mentioned.

Hope that helps. Confuses the hell out of me...

- dave

"It's a thankless job, but I've got a lot of  Karma to burn off."