>To summarise:...

Thanks for the summary, but I already know this problem for a long time and
I am very happy that somebody has taken the time track this down and provide
a solution :-)

> However, other folks have reported the exact same problem on other OSs,
> eg Linux & BSD, so I think that in the short term we need to be
> realistic and find a way of not tickling what seems to be a common
> linker bug.

That's the same on NT. It seems to occur on all OSs, so it won't help
anything to make the linker responsible, there are to much linkers... and I
am not sure if the linker can know under all circumstances which libraries
to unload.

I don't think we will convice the Apache people in the short term, that they
shouldn't unload the libraries (also we can discuss it with them). The only
practical solution I see, is the one to unload the libraries, as the patch
already does. The thing left to do is to port it to other OS's (like NT)
which does not have a function named dlclose (we need simply use another
name). This solution will work and if the Apache people one time decide to
not unload the modules, it won't hurt.

Gerald

P.S. Does you get any feedback from your post to p5p about the unload
function in Dynaloader?