Doug MacEachern wrote:

> wow, *nice* catch!!  Daniel, I can't thank you and Alan enough for your
> efforts here.  it's such a thorny problem to debug, the closest I came was
> trying to prevent the dlclose of modperl's libperl.so, but had no idea why
> that bandaid prevented the bleeding.  I hadn't heard of ltrace, what a
> spectacular looking tool.
> I'd really like to get the workaround in 1.22, even if Apache and/or
> DynaLoader is the "right" place, we don't have any control over the
> release schedules of either and modperl-1.22 is already long overdue.

You are welcome - it has always bugged me that I could never get APXS to
work.  Both Perl and Apache are included with Solaris 8
(http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/ea/linux.html), and the only way to
add mod_perl to the preinstalled Apache/Perl is to use APXS.

I've posted a bug against DynaLoader to P5P.  I think the fix is
probably to put an END handler in DynaLoader to unload the XS modules,
but I'm not familiar enough with the perl interpreter cleanup processing
to know if this is the best way.

It might add some weight if you could add your comments to the bug
preport in P5P - after all, the know who you are ;-)

Alan Burlison