On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 09:11:51AM +0000, Alan Burlison wrote:

> I've posted a bug against DynaLoader to P5P.  I think the fix is
> probably to put an END handler in DynaLoader to unload the XS modules,
> but I'm not familiar enough with the perl interpreter cleanup processing
> to know if this is the best way.

Seems reasonable. Though people will object to the overhead for normal
perl unless it only does it when perl_destruct_level > 0 (as it is for
mod_perl and should be for all embedded perls).

Also, the mod_perl patch I just saw posted should probably remove
entries from DynaLoader::dl_librefs as it unloads them. Likewise for
any new DynaLoader END code. That way they'll play safe together.

Tim.
[Architect and author of much of DynaLoader in years gone by.]