Hello,

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, G.W. Haywood wrote:

> > If not, what is the real benefit of DSO
>
> It's intended to save memory, by sharing it between processes.

Well, this is exactly what I want :). Currently, I have mod_ssl and
mod_perl linked statically into my httpd binary (under HP/UX 11),
which as a result is about 3MB big. "top" yields a process size
of about 9MB, with about 4,5MB resident for each httpd running.
This size seems to  cause some memory and swapping problems.

So, if I switch to DSOs for (at least) mod_ssl and mod_perl, can I expect
to decrease top's values above significantly?

_____

Thomas Corte
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>