On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Marko van der Puil wrote:
> There has been an discussion in the Mod_Perl mailing list about whether you
> would profit from splitting your Mod_Perl enabled Apache server and a SQL
> database like MySQL over multiple machines. To give this discussion some
> technical and scientific background I've run some benchmarks.
>
> They're available in HTML on
> http://cztb.zeelandnet.nl/rzweb/benchmarks/splitservers.html

While I agree with your conclusion (splitting the database onto another
machine is a given in a clustered environment like the one I work with), I
think your benchmark is kind of misleading.  You test performance with
everything on one machine and then you test it with things split between
two machines.  To be fair, both tests should use both machines.
- Perrin