Thanks for your responses so far,

I know I have a lot of reading to do but I just thought I would add this to
my first post.

After loading Activeperl I changed the httpd.conf file by adding the
following:

Alias /perl/ c:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin
<Location /perl>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
Options ExecCGI
</Location>
PerlModule Apache::Registry
PerlModule CGI
PerlSendHeader On

It was after adding this that the service refused to restart.

I will obviously have to read a whole lot more before this is going to work.
The annoying thing is that I just want to run a script to handle forms....
seems like a hell of a lot of effort for such a simple request :)

Thanks all

Ian

*****
Ian Ollier - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Systems Administrator
Queensland Centre for Schizophrenia Research
Wolston Park Hospital, Wolston Park Road
Wacol QLD 4076 AUSTRALIA
ph: +61 7 3271 8592 fax: +61 7 3271 8567 mobile: 0411145593
website: http://www.qcsr.uq.edu.au
Any opinions herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect my employer's
views.
*****