I am a relative newbie to mod_perl myself, but - I would think if you just want "a
script to handle forms" that a vanilla CGI would be cake to set up and sufficient for
your needs unless you get huge traffic. And I am led to think that if you just loaded
ActivePerl then you are a long way from having mod_perl installed anyway. Have you
recompiled Apache etc.?

-S