At 20:06 09/02/2000 -0600, Ken Williams wrote:
>I'm glad to see this text:
>
>    It's a common misunderstanding that mod_perl is just a CGI replacement
>    for Perl scripts, this is only a small part implemented by the
>    Apache::Registry module.

Well, thanks Ken but I'm afraid you're patting the wrong guy on the back :)
That text is taken straight from the index page at perl.apache.org.

>In general, I really like the look & feel of what you've done.

Thanks :)

>  I think it's a
>very important component of getting mod_perl to be taken seriously by people
>who care about such things.  And sometimes even *I* care about such things
>(yes, yes...).

That was the original idea. I don't care too much about the looks as long
as it's legible, but the look of the site has sometimes been a hindrance to
selling modperl-based solutions. I think it's one important aspect of Open
Source projects that whatever can reasonably be done to help their
users/contributors make a living off it should be done (using what tuits
there are).

>One problem: clicking on any of the navigation links (e.g. "solutions")
>launches me into an infinite loop, using Navigator 4.71 on a Mac.

Well it's expected not to work as that is the only page and the links are
all bogus. Now when it comes to the infinite loops... Using all browsers I
can I just get redirected to the first page... I'll look into my Apache
configuration to see if anything's wrong (thanks).

Btw, I posted this before having finished reading the ~1300 messages in my
mod_perl box and nearly immediately after I arrived to the message
indicating that such talk would be better directed to the new
modperl-advocacy list. In the words of you know who, I "apologize for the
inconvenience".

.Robin
Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.