Please decide whether you want to have the discussion at the mod_perl list
or its sister advocacy list. I've added the advocacy list to CC, so at
least the person who will search the advocacy archive in the future will
find all the info about this important issue. Therefore I quote it in all
completeness here.

TomC, please don't tell me that I don't know how to quote. Thank you!

> Hello fellow mod_perlians,
>
> I know I had promised to send this in by the end of December / early
> January, I am really late and sorry. I was caught in France by the french
> army for being an alleged deserteur, and they were *very* insistent on
> having me stay there. Anyway I'm out now :)
>
> Some time ago Matt Arnold and I started work with the aim of redesigning
> the perl.apache.org website. A draft of the proposed layout is sitting at
> http://modperl.knowscape.org/ . But adding graphic layout not being the
> primary goal we also wanted to change the site architecture so that things
> would be more easily found. One of the goals was also to make an "about"
> section targetted at people that are not developers but need be convinced
> that mod_perl is the way to go. I beleive that could help some of us in
> their daily jobs.
>
> I haven't had as much time as I wanted to work on this, but here is the
> latest version of the draft. It is by no means final, and any input is
> obviously very very welcome. And of course, we didn't write "In my/our
> humble opinion" before every element seeing that it might make the read a
> bit boring, but consider that it is there in thought.
>
> Also, I know that some work has been done on the site, but I haven't yet
> finished readin my mod_perl list mailbox (should be finished by tonight). I
> am in no way excluding things that have been said while I wasn't reading, I
> just haven't seen them yet :)
>
> The following document is also available at:
> http://modperl.knowscape.org/outline20000209.txt
>

> #----------------------------------------------------------------------#
> # I. Site Structure
> #----------------------------------------------------------------------#
>

> Home Page
> =========
>
>   - brief introduction to mod_perl "What is mod_perl?", "More than CGI",
>     links to more detailed introductory content.
>   - news box (top n headlines and teasers)
>   - short text explaining where to find what is in the site
>   - quick "get started fast" link to Stas' guide section on that subject
>   - small, concentrated Netcraft box heralding usage and growth
>       . Apache Servers: x million / 63%
>       . Modperl Powered: x hundred thousand / 5%
>       . Modperl presence keeps growing at an incredible pace,
>       . more -> link to /about/netcraft/
>

> News
> ====
>
>   /news/?id=x or /news/x.html
>     - script/handler shows full news article for article number x or static
>       page pregenerated
>
>   /news/search.html
>     - quick way to search past news items
>

> Download
> ========
>
>   /download/
>     - link to the mod_perl bundle
>     - list of the latest CHANGES
>     - requirements (Apache 1.3.xx, etc...)
>     - links to install help documentation, including mod_perl help, the
> [...]

Stas Bekman    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://www.stason.org/stas
Perl,CGI,Apache,Linux,Web,Java,PC     http://www.stason.org/stas/TULARC
perl.apache.org    modperl.sourcegarden.org   perlmonth.com    perl.org
single o-> + single o-+ = singlesheaven    http://www.singlesheaven.com