>I want to build a web page dynamically with content from several >other web
>sites.  I need to be able to fetch the remote URL's content >into
>variables. How do I do that?

This really is not that difficult, and yes, lots of people certainly have
done it.  You have many options open to you, but the easiest (perhaps) would
be to look into using the LWP::* series of modules.  These modules have
several methods for retrieving and parsing URL's, etc.  You can return the
result of an HTTP call and save the result as a variable.  Also, you can use
other methods to strip out HTML, etc.  And this just touches the surface of
what you can do.  I would suggest reading "Web Client Programming with
Perl", as well as all the LWP perldoc pages.

But, if you cannot even get a simple program to work, your problem lies
deeper than a misunderstanding of the tools available to you already.
Perhaps if you posted your code in the most simple form in which it is
failing, we can help.

Jason Simms