Autarch wrote:
> On Wed, 17 May 2000, Peter Haworth wrote:
>
> > Drew Taylor and I are about to write a subclass of Apache::Request which
> > includes form element generation methods, a la CGI.pm. The current
> > favourite name is Apache::Request::Forms, but we'd like to know if
> > anyone has a better one.
>
> There's going to be a new version of CGI some time in the future which
> will allow you to only use the parts of it you need without all the memory
> bloat.  There's an alpha on Lincoln's page at
>
>  http://stein.cshl.org/WWW/software/CGI/CGI.pm-3.01tar.gz
>
> With this and Apache::Request I'm not sure I see the need for what you
> guys are working on.

Without looking at the new CGI.pm, I'd say that the benefit of our new module
would be that it's targetted specifically at mod_perl, so it should hopefully
be smaller, and ideally it would be faster. The non-backwards compatible nature
of the new interface also allows us to cut down on some of the overhead of
CGI.pm's need to figure out which calling style is used.

--
        Peter Haworth   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Who needs horror movies when we have Microsoft"?